What is Massage Therapy?
- Applying fixed or moving pressure to relax muscles
- Use of therapeutic techniques to normalize tissue
- Techniques: Sports Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Swedish
- Treatment for: stress, swelling, headaches, limited range of motion
- Healthcare practice in Chinese medical text 4,000 years ago
Benefits of Massage Therapy
– Reduce Swelling
– Migraine Headache Relief
– Posture Improvement
– Muscle Relaxation
– Quicker Injury Recovery
– Improved Sleep
– Lower Blood Pressure
– Better Range of Motion
– Improved Immune System
These are a few benefits of Massage Therapy treatment. We look forward to helping you learn more!
Understanding Massage Therapy
The general purpose for Massage Therapy is “aiding the ability of the body to heal itself.” By increasing circulation through different techniques the Massage Therapy enhances tissue healing. This typically includes applying fixed or movable pressure, holding, and/or causing movement to parts of the body. Sometimes the forearms or elbows are used, but primarily massage therapy is applied primarily with the hands.
Massage Therapy can affect the muscular, skeletal, circulatory, lymphatic, nervous, and other systems of the body. Common conditions that can be treated include: chronic pain, headaches, pain from auto injuries, muscle tension, limited range of motion, digestive disorders, insomnia and much more.